Y’all…it’s that time again.
Secret Recipe Club time.
This month I was absolutely delighted that my secret blogger was Kate, the lovely lady behind Kate’s Kitchen.
Kate is a financial planner who loves to cook. Her husband is also a professional sous chef, so obviously, I am super jealous.
I’m sure they just have amazing food ALL THE TIME!
Kate, can you come help me with my taxes? I will totally bake you a cake and we can eat it over a nice cup of coffee.
I’m pretty sure in all the years that I have been a member of this awesome group of food bloggers, I have yet to make something that isn’t a dessert.
Well, Kate’s broad recipe index opened up my mind to giving something other that cookies, cake, and pie a chance.
Oh, but you know it was something that I absolutely adore.
Not just any slaw.
People, people…this is genius!
This is pretty much two of my favorite things in one…
and that’s ah-mazing.
I mean a slaw that you can eat w/ fajitas or barbecue…
well, that’s basically my life’s purpose.
This is as creamy as a coleslaw can get.
With greek yogurt & avocado…that’s one creamy smash-bang combo.
Plus, just look at all of those colors!
Plus, plus…this stuff is super healthy!
All those healthy fats from the avocados and veggies galore!
I promise that this is REAL LIFE.
You are not dreaming.
Plus, this takes about 10 minutes to make.
Are you sold yet?
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- ½ c. non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 package of shredded cabbage mix
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocado, yogurt, cilantro, garlic, onion, tomato, and jalapeno until smooth.
- Place the cabbage mix into a separate mixing bowl.
- Pour the lime juice and vinegar over the top.
- Add the cumin.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the cabbage and toss to combine.
- Season w/ salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill in the fridge and serve right before eating.