Fah, la, la, la, la.
It’s that time of year again where the cookies come out in full force.
Not just for Christmas, but for a great cause that I am super passionate about.
This year I wanted to gift my fellow food bloggers with my favorite combo of all time…peanut butter and chocolate.
Enter my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bites.
Oh, I threw in a touch of cinnamon for a holiday twist.
Plus, I hear cinnamon speeds up your metabolism, soooo…we can just assume that we are losing weight as we eat these.
These little peanut butter cookie dough balls get dunked in a vat of chocolate.
Plus, the cinnamon flavor adds a nice little holiday spice.
Is there anything else you need to know?
I’m thinking not.
A big shout out to the three lovely lady food bloggers that I received cookies from: Christina at Body Rebooted, Lindsey at Cafe Johnsonia, and Brianna at Flippin’ Delicious. All of your cookies were delicious.
- ½ c. natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- To make the peanut butter balls, combine the peanut butter,1 Tbsp of maple syrup, and ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour until a firm dough forms.
- Roll into balls the size of one tablespoon. Place the balls on a large plate and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- For the chocolate coating, place the coconut oil in a smell bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Add in the cocoa powder, remaining 1 Tbsp. of maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer and dip the balls one-by-one into the chocolate coating.
- Place the balls back on the plate and place back in the freezer until set.