I’ve got a little vice.
Well, I don’t know if it’s an actual vice, more of an obsession.
With crispy foods.
Me and burnt toast…we’ve been friends for quite some time.
I made my first roast chicken the other day and let me tell you something…crispy chicken skin is ahhhhmazing.
I’m sure professional chefs would gasp open mouthed about my burnt toast confession.
Not to mention that fact that I just made my first whole roasted chicken.
Shall we even mention crispy, little fried, donut holes?
That will just segway into funnel cakes.
Uh, let’s talk healthy crispy things.
Like these crunchy granola bars.
They are chock full of good for you ingredients.
Ummmmm two types of seeds, coconut, dried cranberries, and sweetened w/ maple syrup.
Plus, they are grain free and nut-free making them allergy free and hello…vegan.
I mean, just look at that…no preservatives!
Yes, this is real life.
These babies are going to rock your crunchy world.
Get on it.
- 1¼ c. pepita seeds
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- ¾ c. dried cranberries
- 1¼ c. unsweetened, coconut flakes
- ½ c. maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ t. sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Line a 9x13 in. baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a silicone spatula, transfer the nut mixture to the prepared baking dish, and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the bars are lightly golden brown in color.
- Remove from the dish and allow to cool.
- Slice into 12 even bars and refrigerate until cold.