There are some days where I’m all about paleo and I want all the grain-free desserts and all the protein I can stuff into my mouth at once.
But, then I’m knocked back down to earth and because I am only human, temptation takes over my body and sometimes I just want some freaking cream cheese, or a jar of peanut butter, or a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup.
I won’t even mention my biggest vice, Blue Bell, because, well…we all know where they stand right now.
And it’s not in my grocery freezer aisle.
I mean, is there any reason to have cobblers or crisps when there is no Blue Bell to be had?
I’m beginning to think this was a conspiracy derived by Ben and Jerry’s.
My life would be perfect if Blue Bell showed back up around Fourth of July.
Homemade Vanilla, pllleaaaaaaase save me!
Back to cream cheese.
I love the Italian version of cream cheese…mascarpone cheese…it’s a bit creamier and sweeter and it’s amazing slathered on just about anything.
Including banana bread.
We’ve got a mash up combo today of grain-free, paleo banana bread, and “i don’t give a crap I need this in my life” mascarpone frosting swirled with strawberry jam.
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. coconut butter, slightly melted
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla coconut milk yogurt, unsweetened
- 1 c. granulated stevia
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ c. unsweetened flaky coconut
- For the mascarpone frosting:
- 1 8 oz. container of Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. strawberry preserves, all-natural
- For the bread, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut butter, vanilla, coconut milk yogurt, and stevia until smooth.
- Stir in the baking soda and coconut flour.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, combine the mascarpone and powdered sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Beat until smooth.
- Swirl in the strawberry jam.
- Slice banana bread and top with frosting.