Let’s talk about one of my all time favorite ingredients to use in the kitchen.
When I was little, I probably would have said that my favorite “ingredient” was pop-tarts or any kind of sugary cereal.
Boy, have I come a long way.
I use this ingredient practically every day.
It’s tahini, otherwise known as sesame seeds that are pulverized to form a creamy, smooth, seed butter.
It’s used a ton in Middle Eastern cooking.
I use it to make hummus, salad dressings, and as a little sauce for my vegetables.
It can also be used to make baba ghanoush and halvah.
So, when I was contacted by Sesame King to sample some of their tahini flavors…I was floooored!
Seasame King Tahini is made from only the purest, natural, sesame seeds.
It’s also gluten-free and Non-GMO!
It’s absolutely delicious on bread, right from the jar, and the perfect addition to your favorite recipe.
I chose to try the Roasted Tahini and Garlic Tahini flavors.
Sesame King also offers flavors such as Light Roast, Honey, Cajun, and Tomato Basil.
Seriously, I wanted to try them all after my experience with the roasted and garlic flavors.
The garlic flavor was perfectly seasoned, not overpowering at all and added the perfect flavor to my garlic hummus, without actually having to add more garlic.
I used the roasted flavor to make my chickpea salad which was absolutely life changing!
These little delicate chickpeas are paired with zesty red onion
and tossed in a creamy, tangy, apple cider vinegar/tahini dressing.
The best part about all of this?
I’m about to give you the chance to try two jars of any flavor of Sesame King Tahini that you want!
To ENTER this giveaway, you can choose to do one or all of the following (make sure to enter a separate comment for each thing that you do).
1. Comment on which two flavors of Sesame King Tahini you would want to try and what you would use it for.
2. Like Sesame King Tahini on Facebook .
3. Like Mangia on Facebook.
4. Tweet the following: “I just entered to win two jars of @Sesame_King Tahini from @misschelsmangia! Enter now to win! http://mangiablog.com/2015/07/06/sesame-king-tahini-review-and-giveaway/”
If you can’t wait to enjoy some of this outstanding tahini, head on over and purchase a few jars!
I will announce the winner this Friday, July 10th!
This giveaway is now over. Dandi D, you are the winner! I will be contacting your shortly to claim your prize!
- 2 T. Sesame King Tahini (I used the roasted flavor)
- 2 t. apple cider vinegar
- warm water, as needed
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the tahini, apple cider vinegar, and just enough water to create a semi-thin dressing. I used about 1-2 teaspoons.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, and seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in the refrigerator or eat immediately.