Secret Recipe Club time y’all.
I loved reading about Nora’s success in discovering what kind of diet works best for her body, which is a gluten-free diet that focuses on whole foods and eliminates processed junk.
I can relate to Nora on this because my stomach issues have completely disappeared since having cut back on gluten in my diet.
Not to say that I don’t enjoy my bread or tortilla chips.
It just makes my stomach do a back flip into next week.
Nora’s extensive recipe index looks to die for. She has a variety of recipes that are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and/or vegan. The sweet section was speaking to me. However, my brain was telling me not to cave.
I have been in a snacking mood lately, and Nora’s recipe for Roasted Fajita Spiced Chickpeas was calling my name.
Y’all…this stuff is addicting.
It’s like Mediterranean food and Mexican food had a baby.
Crispy little chickpea babies with all the fajita flavor!
The original recipe calls for olive oil, however, I got crafty and used tahini because I was out of olive oil (gasp!).
Shhhhhh….don’t tell my dad, not having olive oil in the house is an Italian sin.
You need these in your life.
I may or may not have eaten half of the bowl while watching Real Housewives of N.J. 😉
- 2 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. ground black pepper
- ½ T. chili powder
- ¼ t. cumin
- ⅛ t. cayenne pepper
- ¼ t. granulated onion
- ¼ t. granulated garlic
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil (or tahini)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spices.
- Add the garbanzo beans and tahini and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the garbanzo beans onto the prepared baking sheet and let roast for 40-50 minutes, tossing once or twice during the baking process.
- Let cool and enjoy!