I’ve got some things going on in my life that are pretty durn (yes, I say pretty durn) exciting.
It all begins today.
I will let you in on the deets later.
This cornbread situation.
I have always been a cornbread connoisseur but this…
well this is on a whole notha’ level.
I smacked this cornbread w/ some autumn flavors.
But wait, this cornbread doesn’t even have corn in it.
That’s cuz it’s paleo pumpkin cornbread.
Yep. I make my own rules round’ these here parts.
I dare you to make this and tell me you think there’s cornmeal in it.
It’s gonna blow your mind.
Fluffy, melt in your mouth, fragrant, flavorful Rosemary Pumpkin Cornbread…
best damn thing I’ve made all fall.
- ½ c. pure, canned pumpkin, unsalted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ c. melted coconut oil
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 2 T. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and fresh rosemary.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 in. square ceramic baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm w/ a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, and/or butter.
Nutritional Facts (1/12th of recipe): Calories: 81, Total Fat: 6g (1.4g Saturated Fat), Sodium: 238mg, Potassium: 49mg, Total Carb: 5g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 3g