Sometimes I just want to escape to a world of no worries, no deadlines, no homework, no expectations, and no false hopes .
Sometimes I wonder, is that what heaven is like?
I’m sure I could find an island on Earth to step in to do the job.
I actually don’t remember when the last time was that I took a vacation with my family, or myself.
Maybe when I was 10.
I’ve made it a goal of mine to take one vacation by myself beginning next year.
I want to see the world, venture out, experience the unknown, and clear my head a little bit, ya know?
You can hold me to it.
For now, we have quinoa.
Only, we stuffed it into a cookie.
More specifically, I made you quinoa macaroons.
This cookie is super soft and chewy.
Plus, they have coconut and are packed with protein from the quinoa.
Yes, this is real life.
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted, and soaked in water overnight
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ c. granulated stevia
- ¼ c. melted coconut butter, plus extra for topping, optional
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 T. coconut flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dates and their soaking water in the bowl of a large food processor and process on high until smooth.
- Place 4 Tablespoons of the date puree in a large mixing bowl along with the eggs, stevia , coconut butter, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Slightly press on the top of each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool slightly.
- Drizzle w/ melted coconut butter if preferred.