I missed Fat Tuesday here on the food blog.
Let me make it up to you.
We’re making Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Blondies.
Emphasis on the “we’re”, only because after I finish my spew, you are going to go make these.
Plus, they are vegan and gluten-free, there’s peanut butter and chocolate,
oh, and I included a paleo option b/c that’s just me.
So, I don’t want to hear any excuses.
Did I mention there is peanut butter and chocolate in here?
Plus, the fudgy factor on these things is like 1 million!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (For a paleo version, use almond butter or nut butter of choice)
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 4 oz. dark chocolate ( I used pure chocolate for vegan version)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 in. square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, peanut butter, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and using a toothpick, create a swirl-like pattern with the melted chocolate throughout the batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the blondies comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and slice into 9 squares.