How goes it?
I am currently on a two week break from school before what is going to be known as the busiest summer of my life ensues.
I’m not even kidding.
In the meantime, I am getting a head start on some of my summer class work and prepping for my internship.
I’m an overachiever.
It’s just me.
I can’t not be busy, ya know?
I’m sure you are telling me to rack up some miles on my Netflix, throw those text books in the trash, and sleep until I can’t sleep anymore.
I hear ya.
At least we have snacks.
Let me tell you about this granola.
It tastes like an oatmeal cookie.
Yes, it’s genius, I know.
Now, I’m about to get real dietitian on y’all right now. Besides being packed with oats, pecans, raisins, and sweetened w/ date puree, I added a fun little spin.
I used almond flour in the granola batter.
It give an extra nutty, extra crunchy factor to the granola.
Plus, almond flour is super nutritious.
Almond flour is high in protein, packed with antioxidants, heart healthy, and nutrient dense.
Ummmmm…hi, you want this.
While almond flour is filled with healthy monounsaturated fats, let’s not go overboard people…portion control is essential to being bikini ready for summer.
For more fun facts and delicious and NUTritious (see what I did there?) almond flour recipes, head on over and check out this page.
Plus, this recipe is vegan and gluten-free. I know you love me 😉
- ¾ c. gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. granulated stevia
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. fine sea salt
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ c. date puree (see notes)
- 2 T. tahini
- 2 T. melted coconut butter
- ½ c. raisins
- ½ c. raw pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, almond flour, stevia, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Stir in the vanilla, date puree, tahini, and coconut butter until a crumbly cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Distribute the granola evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to prevent burning. I also rotated the tray at the half minute mark once during baking.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy with your favorite yogurt, on top of ice cream, or with coconut milk!
Blend the water and dates in a blender on high until smooth.