A.K.A. the best month ever.
Not just because it’s my birthday month either.
February Secret Recipe Club time.
I really enjoyed Kristin’s recipe index and wanted to try just about everything, but let’s be real…the peanut butter spoke to me…again.
Y’all…this stuff is no joke.
Look at all that thickness.
Hello peanut butter cream frosting!
Of course I made it gluten-free.
So sue me why dontcha!
If you eat this for breakfast with coffee…you might just have magical powers 😉
- For the cake:
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter, all-natural
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ c. coconut sugar
- ½ c. unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ c. coconut flour
- For the frosting:
- ½ c. full-fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 2 T. smooth peanut butter, all-natural
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a square cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, eggs, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the baking soda and coconut flour until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let the cake cool.
- For the frosting, combine the coconut cream, maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Spread the frosting evenly onto the cake.
- Slice the cake and serve!