What’s up Monday?
Secret Recipe Club reveal time.
My favvvvvvvvvorite time of the month, obviously 🙂
Nayna lives in the U.K…..how awesome is that?
So jealous Nayna!
Nayna’s blog is all about simple home cooking…if ya know me, the simpler the better…especially when it comes to cooking.
Of course something sweet caught my eye, her Cinnamon and Apple Upside Down Muffins.
I mean, c’mon, fall…apples…duh!
Let’s do this.
Apple + cinnamon = classic combo!
These muffins are absolutely comforting…it’s a total “cold, winter day I need a snack with my coffee” muffin.
That is the only kind of muffin I need.
The ONLY kind. 🙂
Upside down muffins are always in style.
Especially coconut butter glazed upside down muffins.
You know I put the healthy one-two punch on these babies.
Get excited 🙂
- ¼ c. melted coconut oil
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- ½ c. granulated stevia
- ¼ c. + 3 T. coconut flour
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- coconut butter, melted, for drizzling, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a few mini bundt pans w/ cooking spray and set aside. I used 9 mini bundt pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and stevia until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Fold in the apple.
- Divide the batter evenly between the bundt pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cakes are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let cool and drizzle with melted coconut butter.