Round-off, flip-flop, back handspring, layout.
I was a gymnast in another life.
I’m a member of Peanut Butter Addicts Anonymous and while I’d love to be 100% paleo, don’t come between me and my peanut butter.
It’s the only legume I’ll eat.
That, and green beans.
However, I do try to put peanut butter on just about anything I can get my hands on.
My latest obsession: turkey burger patty w/ a mountain of peanut butter on it.
Don’t judge me.
My mom recently purchased a magic bullet.
She told me that is what happens when you are sick in bed all day and subjected to watching infomercials.
I’m reaping the rewards of her infomercial obsession.
This powdered peanut butter stuff is perfect for using in smoothies.
It’s also life changing.
With 85% less fat than regular peanut butter, less sodium, and ummmmm…protein.
I make a smoothie once in a blue moon, but lately, this magic bullet has me feeling the smoothie fever.
PB & J smoothie…
for the win. 🙂
What’s not to love?
- 10 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 T. powdered peanut butter (I suggest PB2 brand or Just Great Stuff)
- 1 c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 1 to 2 packets granulated stevia, optional
- ground chia seeds, for topping, optional
- Place the strawberries, peanut butter, almond milk, and stevia if using, into a high powered blender and blend on high for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle w/ chia seeds.
Nutritional Facts (1 serving): Calories: 111, Total Fat: 4.5g (og Saturated Fat), Potassium: 259.2mg, Total Carb: 14.4g, Sugars: 7.3g, Dietary Fiber: 5.8g, Protein: 8.7g