This past weekend I attended one of my childhood best friend’s wedding.
I actually grew up with both the bride and groom and know their families pretty well.
I was a bit nervous going into it because I hadn’t seen these people in about 8 years.
However, it turned out awesome…like one big high school reunion.
It was so great to see everyone and dance the night away.
Yo, let’s talk about food.
It’s Secret Recipe Club Monday.
I have been trying to find extra ways to incorporate protein into my diet, so when I saw Kara’s recipe for Peanut Butter and Banana Protein Pancakes…I was sold!
I mean, hello…peanut butter + banana.
You can’t go wrong.
Plus, they have protein!
Plus, they are super healthy!
Plus, if you are a weirdo and just don’t like peanut butter or you are allergic to peanut butter…
you can always use your favorite nut or seed butter.
Pancakes all day every day.
- 1 large, very ripe banana
- 1 c. gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- ½ c. egg whites
- 4 T. peanut butter
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Grease a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat on the stove.
- Flip pancakes over when the edges are cooked and the tops are covered with bubbles.
- Serve warm topped with extra peanut butter and sliced banana.