Sorry for the hiatus. I am starting back at school this Tuesday and I had a looooong, relaxing, winter break.
It’s great to relax every once in a while.
Plus, I cooked and baked a ton, but this time I didn’t do it for the blog.
Instead, I thought I would brainstorm and come back with some new content.
It’s great to start this near year off with the my first 2016 Secret Recipe Club post.
This month I was privileged to get to know Anne, the lovely blogger and Holistic Health Coach behind her bolg, Simple and Savory. I looooove that Ann wants to share wholesome, fresh, and tasty recipes with all of us.
These babies are all coconut with a hint of cocoa powder for a chocolate kick.
Crispy edges, chewy centers…
you know the drill.
My parents and I went on a little detox for two weeks so I used stevia instead of maple syrup like Anne did. But for those of you crazies who aren’t on a sugar detox, feel free to look at Anne’s original recipe.
Good lord…these things are addicting.
But only in the perfect way. 😉
- 3 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ½ c. granulated stevia
- 1.5 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. coconut butter, melted
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until a cookie dough like mixture forms.
- Drop the macaroon mixture by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until macaroons are lightly golden.
- Let cool slightly and devour!