Sometimes i’m pretty sure that i have lost my mind.
Like when I’m in the midst of taking photos for the blog and then I delete some pretty important step-by-step recipe photos that I needed for today.
Yep, that’s me.
So, today all I have is the end product photos for you.
And I had some really mouth watering photos of me pouring tahini, maple syrup, and honey all over some cashews.
But, these pics will just have to suffice. 🙂
Because let me tell you….you need this recipe.
I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of using tahini before on roasted nuts.
Tahini…a.k.a. sesame seed butter is basically my life. I use it to make dressings, drizzle it over fresh vegetables, and I’ve even used it to make cookies and muffins.
Now, I’ve figured out a way to incorporate it into these honey roasted cashews.
It’s like using oil, but instead, you’re using tahini.
Because you are awesome like that.
Warning: this stuff is highly addicting.
Sweet, nutty, crunchy,
crispy, & salty.
Pretty much the perfect combination of all things delicious. 🙂
- 2.5 c. raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 T. pure honey
- 1.5 T. pure maple syrup
- 1.5 T. tahini
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 2 T. coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the honey, maple syrup, tahini, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon over the cashews and mix until all of the cashews are evenly coated.
- Spread the cashews evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then remove, the pan, rotate, and bake for an additional 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place in a clean mixing bowl, toss with the coconut sugar and let cool completely.
- Store in glass jars once completely cooled.