Happy 28th Birthday to me!
Goodness, I feel old.
Don’t look at me that way.
Anyway, here are 28 things I have learned during my lifetime.
- Stop living by “rules.” Rules put you in a box. Break those rules, you won’t regret it.
- Dates are fun. Date as many guys as possible. Just kidding.
- Spend time daily thanking God for your blessings. After all, he spent all that time creating you.
- Fix your hair, you will feel better, look better, and you can thank me later.
- School is not the be all, end all of life.
- Fail, fail miserably. You will only learn how to pick yourself back off the ground better each time.
- Treat yourself. You are worth it.
- A good bottle of wine is a must.
- Go out and live. Enjoy life, you only have one.
- Take compliments with a smile and a “thank you.” You still got it 😉
- Your parents will always be correct in all aspects of life. Don’t argue with me.
- Open your heart and don’t be afraid for it to get broken. It will break and when it does, you will have your mom and a 1/2 gallon of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla.
- Money isn’t everything.
- You will never be good at just one thing in life. You are a chameleon, try your hand at everything in life.
- Don’t let anyone or anything get in the way of your dreams.
- Great friends are hard to come by. Keep a small circle of the ones who make time for you.
- Detox your life. Not as in a juice cleanse, or a vegan diet, but detox your life from the people that are toxic to it. Trust me. It’s like pulling off a band-aid.
- Your younger sister will always hold your hand while dragging you across the street, defend you against bar “creepers,” and be your wing-woman even when you don’t ask her to.
- You can wear all the makeup in the world, but it doesn’t compensate for a heart of gold. True beauty is skin deep.
- Never feel bad for singing in the shower and in the car at the top of your lungs.
- White girls can rap. Don’t underestimate me.
- The best birthday wishes are from your grandparents, who call and sing “Happy Birthday” to you every.single.birthday.
- A good spa day will bring out the best in you.
- Nothing makes a bad day turn great than being greeted by your dog when you come home.
- Mexican food, margaritas, and drunk dancing with your mom. Need I say more?
- The higher the hair, the closer to heaven.
- When it doubt, wear cowboy boots. Your feet will thank me 🙂
- You will only learn to love, when you learn to love yourself. Find things that make you great.
- (One to grow on)…eat the cake. Eat the cake, always eat the cake.