I got sick at the end of last week through the weekend.
Like omg I never get sick.
This was the kind of sick that happens when the weather changes, you start sneezing 25 times a day, cough up stuff you never imagined was possible, and take a total of 14 antihistamines in two days that do nothing except knock you out for a goodnights sleep.
I was super bummed.
I had to miss my Tacolandia event on Saturday and declined to go with my best fraannnnd to the Nutcracker Market, which is basically Santa’s Wonderland for adults.
By Sunday I was feeling better and finally decided to look at my Secret Recipe Club assignment.
After living off bland foods for the past 3 days, I wanted something comforting and rich.
Obviously, her blog spoke to me since I am allllllll about dessert.
Enter Stephanie’s Rocky Road Brownies.
It’s like a freaking s’more brownie with gooey chocolate chunks and your choice of walnuts or pecans.
Is this real life?
These things hit the spot.
All I need is a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Of course, I made them paleo.
Thank you Stephanie for this amazing recipe.
- 8 T. coconut oil, melted
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- ⅓ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ c. dark chocolate chunks
- ½ c. of marshmallows, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 in. square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the coconut oil, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl in the microwave.
- Let cool slightly and whisk in the eggs.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- Fold in the walnuts/pecans, chocolate chunks, and marshmallows.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top the brownies with extra marshmallows and let bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool slightly and slice into bars.