I’m on a cake kick.
I know it’s pretty much 100+ degrees outside right now, but when I want cake, it’s got to be had.
We can make cake summer-ish.
Because ya know, who doesn’t love a almond cake soaked in lime juice
and a sweet honey lime cream cheese frosting.
Oh yes, cream cheese frosting is my one and only frosting option.
Seriously…we’ve chatted about this before.
I’m just a cream cheese frosting purist.
- For the cake:
- ½ c. coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ c. coconut sugar
- ½ c. unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1½ c. almond flour
- ½ c. coconut flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 small lime, juiced
- For the frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. pure honey
- juice of one small lime
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 in. square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let the cake cool slightly, poke the top of the cake with a fork.
- Pour the lime juice evenly over the cake and allow the juice to seep through.
- For the frosting, place everything in a large mixing bowl and mix on high until smooth.
- Cut the cake into squares and spread each with a good helping of frosting.