It’s time for another Secret Recipe Club reveal.
I really feel like a veteran in this club.
I mean, I’ve been doing these reveals since they started.
When was it 3 years ago?
I feel like time has passed so quickly!
Catchy blog name huh? I know, I love it. It’s just so straight forward.
What I really loved about Sashi’s story is learning that she was diagnosed with an intolerance to processed foods.
I had no idea that even existed, but in our world today…I totally believe it.
Anyway, Sashi has to learn how to reconstruct her diet so that she could live a normal nutritional life.
Oh, and she did just that. Plus, she lost over 65 pounds doing it.
Sashi’s motto is to share easy recipes made with real food for real people, and she rocks it out.
Just take a look at her extensive and appetizing recipe index.
You know my stomach wanted something sweet.
Sashi’s Lemon Olive Oil Chocolate Banana Bread is where it’s at.
I mean, I’ve never met a lemon/olive oil combo I didn’t like.
They just pair beautifully together.
Oh, and then you add chocolate?
Speak to me.
You know I wasn’t going to not add a juicy little lemon glaze on top of this baby.
Plus, I made it paleo!
- For the bread:
- 2 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ c. unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. granulated stevia
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 c. dark chocolate, chopped
- For the glaze:
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight, brought to room temperature
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T. granulated stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan or 8x8 in. square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, apple sauce, olive oil, coconut milk, eggs, stevia, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, and lemon zest.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until a semi-thin glaze occurs.
- Let the bread cool completely, cut into squares and serve drizzled with the glaze.