Finally, a little relief from all of these hot temps!
We have 55 degrees, people!
That is rare in April in Texas.
Don’t worry, the weather will get us back.
It’s sneaky and evil most of the time.
In fact, this is just a teaser. The weather is actually mocking us.
It says, “Ha! These cool temps are nice, aren’t they? Wait til I show up next week with high 90’s!”
I will tell you what I never get sick of.
More specifically, Bananas in bread, muffins, scones, any carb vehicle, etc.
Today, it’s muffins.
They are getting some love from cashew butter.
Oh, and some strawberry jam.
I love me some strawberry jam.
These muffins are super fluffy, slightly sweet, with a tangy/sweet strawberry swirl.
Plus, this is practically breakfast food.
All you need is coffee and butter.
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in water overnight
- 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ c. cashew butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ c. granulated stevia
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. homemade strawberry jam (or store bought, no added sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- Place the dates and their soaking water in a large blender or food processor and process until a smooth puree has formed.
- Place the date puree in a large mixing bowl along with the mashed bananas, cashew butter, eggs, stevia, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons into each muffin cup.
- Place ½ teaspoon of strawberry jam on top of each muffin and use a toothpick or knife to swirl the jam throughout the muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!