Sooooooo basically it’s summer here in Texas.
It’s barely even 80 degrees and I already have heat flashes while driving in the car.
I need a sunroof like yesterday.
We are going island-style of some chocolate chip cookies today.
We smashed some coconut and macadamia nuts up in there.
Something about this cookie just screams “Let’s go to Hawaii.”
All I need is one of those alcoholic drinks with an umbrella and my toes in the sand.
These babies are slightly crispy on the edges
with a chewy center.
Plus, those crunchy macadamia nuts up in there.
you know how I feel about that.
- 1 c. macadamia nut butter (I made mine by blending 1½ c. roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts in a food processor, but you can use almond butter or any nut butter you prefer)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ c. unsweetened, coconut flakes
- ½ c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the nuts, coconut, and dark chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.