February is my favorite month.
It’s my birth month.
Oh, and it’s also the month of love.
Oh, and because I love you…
I put bacon grease in your brownies.
Bacon just says I love you.
Plus, it gets better.
Only because I topped it with more bacon and a maple glaze.
You should probably make these.
Chewy, brownies with a salty, crisp bacon topping and a maple glaze?
Oh, and I made them paleo for you.
Only because I triple love you.
I mean, who wants valentine’s day card when you can have bacon…and brownies…and bacon brownies w/ homemade nutella (this is my version)!?
I rest my case.
- For the brownies:
- 8 slices of bacon, pan-fried, cooled, and grease reserved
- 1 c. homemade Nutella, or store-bought
- ½ c. coconut sugar
- ¼ c. of the bacon grease from the bacon above
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- ¼ t. baking soda
- For the glaze:
- ¼ c. coconut butter (I made my own homemade toasted coconut butter), slightly melted
- 2 T. melted coconut oil
- 3 T. pure maple syrup
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a small square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the nutella, coconut sugar, bacon grease, and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in coconut flour and baking soda.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, mix until smooth.
- Cut the brownies into 9 small squares.
- Drizzle each brownie with the glaze.
- Top each brownie with about 1 tsp. of chopped bacon.