I need a pedicure like last week.
Toes are growing over toes here people.
There is nothing I won’t do for a little pampering.
Okay, well maybe a few things I won’t do. 🙂
Let’s talk this Nutella business.
I’ve got a little secret.
I used to hate Nutella.
Like loathe it.
Then, one day, I mixed it with some peanut butter, slathered it on a piece of bread, and topped it with sliced bananas.
Oh, then I put it in a skillet to make it all toasty.
Add some bacon and that’s a death row meal right there.
Soooooo…I’ve been making my own Nutella for a while now.
Because I’m a Nutella snob and because, frankly, I like to health-ify not so healthy foods.
I’m sure you know this by now.
We are making a single-gal cake.
This requires uno bowl.
It also only takes dos minutos to make…in la microwave!
Am I faking Spanish enough for ya?
Seriously…this cake is super fluffy
with a semi-gooey chocolate center
that is crazy good.
It’s also health(ier)!
I put some toasted coconut butter on top for all you coconut haters out there 😉
- For the Nutella:
- 2 c. unsalted, roasted hazelnuts, skins removed
- 4 T. raw cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- ¼ t. fine sea salt
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. pure Maple syrup
- ½ c. hazelnut milk (you can also use unsweetened, vanilla almond milk or another nut milk if preferred)
- For the cake:
- 1 T. melted coconut butter
- 1 T. homemade nutella from the recipe above
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 T. coconut sugar
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 T. coconut flour
- ½ t. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1 T. dark chocolate chips, optional
- 1 T. melted coconut butter, for topping, optional
- For the nutella, place the hazelnuts in a large food processor and process on high until smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process on high until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- For the cake, combine the coconut butter, nutella, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla in small mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a small greased ramekin or coffee cup.
- Place in the microwave on a paper towl (to eliminate the mess if it overflows).
- Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with coconut butter and enjoy!