Here we are on the last day of the year.
I hope you have written your New Year resolutions.
I don’t even want to attempt the gym at the moment because I will see about 40000 people I have never seen before committing to a two week stint of cardio and weight lifting until they are burnt out.
One thing that I always vow to do in the new year is to continue eating a healthy diet.
Eating real food just makes me feel better.
Plus, I’m pretty sure it keeps me looking young too! 😉
My morning routine always begins with Greek yogurt and fruit.
I just love it.
That’s where Chobani comes in to play.
I was thrilled when I got asked to participate in Chobani’s #MadewithChobani campaign.
Basically, all I did was create a healthy recipe using Chobani Greek Yogurt.
Pretty simple, right?
Sometimes I like to eat it plain, or with a scoop of peanut butter mixed in.
Other times I like to dress it up.
All we are going to do is puree banana, dates, and Chobani together until smooth.
Then we layer on some berry jam.
This is breakfast.
I mean, serrrrriously.
Tangy, creamy, sweet, crunchy, and light…
in each and every bite.
So, go pick up some Chobani and get in the kitchen and whip up this healthy breakfast treat.
Feel free to share some of your New Year resolutions in the comment section below!
- 6 dates, pitted, soaked in warm water overnight
- 1 large banana, cut in half
- ¼ c. Chobani plain Greek yogurt ( I used non-fat) (for a vegan and/or paleo option use coconut milk yogurt or full-fat coconut milk)
- ¼ c. no sugar-added berry jam
- ⅓ c. of your favorite granola ( I use my own homemade version, see the body of this text for the links)
- Using a blender or magic bullet, blend together the dates, ½ of the banana, and the yogurt until smooth.
- Use a small, stemless wine glass or small mason jar to begin the layering process.
- Place a layer of the granola at the bottom of the jar.
- Layer the granola with a layer of the berry jam.
- Layer the berry jam with the banana date yogurt.
- Repeat the layering process beginning with granola and ending with the yogurt until the glass is almost filled.
- Slice the remaining banana half and place on top of the parfait.
- Sprinkle with remaining granola.