Guess who finished their Christmas shopping yesterday?
Guess who banged their Christmas shopping out in one day and still managed to buy a pretty shirt for herself?
This guuuuuuurl right here.
Every year I wait until the last minute to buy for the most important person…my mom.
She always puts so much into Christmas and I feel like she deserves the world.
The world will have to wait because all I can afford is a few gift certificates 😉
Anyway, I cannot wait for Christmas Day, my entire Italian family is getting together for a big shin-dig at my parents house.
It’s going to be so much fun.
Not to mention, there is going to be a ton of food.
Oh, and let’s not even mention the mile long dessert table.
Sometimes people just want something light for dessert.
That’s where these little sweet treats come into play.
Can you say clean eating?
Y’all know my favorite thing is coconut.
Let’s double the coconut fun, shall we?
Basically, it’s a layer of coconut butter
topped with a layer of toasted coconut butter + maple syrup.
It’s just that simple.
Maybe you need something this simple to snack on while you are cooking your Christmas feast.
I can always just send you some via mail, but seriously…
- ¾ c. coconut butter, slightly melted
- 1 packet of Truvia sugar substitute or 1 t. granulate stevia
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut butter and truvia until smooth.
- Line a 12 cup mini muffin tin with silicone non-stick liners.
- Fill the bottom of each mini muffin cups with the coconut butter mixture, filling ½ full.
- Place the cups in the freezer for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut flakes on the baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes or until toasted.
- Let the coconut cool slightly.
- Place the toasted coconut into a large food processor and process until a silky, smooth butter forms. The mixture should be pretty drippy in texture. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the maple syrup.
- Take the cups out of the freezer and top the remaining half of each cup with the toasted coconut butter mixture.
- Freeze for an additional 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Serve at room temperature.