My baby seester was home this past weekend and she confessed something to me.
Let’s just say that I was in utter shock when she said, straight-faced, point-blank “I’m just not feeling the pumpkin craze right now.”
This came from a girl who begged me for pumpkin pie last Thanksgiving and ate the entire thing herself.
For breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I told her she needed to jump back on the pumpkin train asap.
Because if she doesn’t…we are totally unrelated.
Maybe I can convince her with these.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies.
I mean, c’mon…I even put chocolate chips up in there.
You’d be crazy not to want to eat these.
Plus, they are vegan, paleo, nut-free, and gluten-free.
Moral of the story:
my seester is nuts and
you should go make these…now.
- 1 large, very ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ c. pure canned pumpkin
- ½ c. slightly melted coconut butter (you could also use your favorite nut/seed butter)
- ⅓ c. pure maple syrup
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- ¼ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. fine sea salt
- ½ c. vegan mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the banana, pumpkin, coconut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve.