Y’all…it’s Secret Recipe Club time.
Yesterday, I got to warp my brain trying to write a 6 page nutrition paper.
It was a grand ole’ time.
On another note, I always love the time right around Halloween where I get to see my mom standing over her “cauldron” as she adds butter, popcorn, sugar, and her magical touch to a sticky, sweet, salty mixture.
Her popcorn balls are marvelous.
Now, if only it were 40 degrees and the fire place was blazing…it would be perfect.
Let’s talk about today’s recipe.
It’s pretty freaking amazing.
I just love that blog name. It’s so warm and inviting. I love rainstorms and what girl doesn’t love love notes?
Even cheesy love notes. Those are the best kind. 😉
Ashley is married to T.J., and besides being a lover of all things food, she is a football fanatic.
She might be a Steeler’s fan, and I may just be a Cowboy’s fan, but hey, food and football…two things in common 🙂
Enter Ashely’s recipe for the
She’s not joking.
It’s seriously three ingredients.
You know anything w/ peanut butter + chocolate speaks to me.
Ashley used butter but we were out so, I improvised…coconut butter it is.
You do a little melting over on the stove and add some semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Well, hey there, silky smooth deliciousness.
Then you refrigerate and voila…
I added sea salt on top because sometimes I like to be fancy.
Y’all…this stuff is the perfect balance between creamy, smooth, nutty peanut butter and rich chocolate.
It reminded me of my favorite fudge. As a child, my parents would take me down to Galveston to the historic strand district.
There, in a old building, was The Peanut Butter Factory (yes, there was such a thing) filled with all sort of antique things and…homemade fudge. They were famous for their peanut butter fudge.
Chocolate + peanut butter was my favorite, obviously.
Unfortunately, The Peanut Butter Factory was ruined in a hurricane.
NBD now that I have this fudge recipe!
- 1 stick of butter (I used ½ c. coconut butter)
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 2⅔ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (If we want to make this vegan, use vegan chocolate chips)
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Melt the coconut butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the coconut butter has completely melted, add in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Continue melting over low-medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture has completely melted.
- Line an 8x8 in baking pan w/ parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares and devour!