Detox and pumpkin pie in the same recipe title?
That’s pretty much an oxymoron, right?
I do what I want.
So that’s why I made you healthy macaroons.
You would never know they are healthy but because I told you…the secret is out.
Pumpkin is the reason for the season.
Pumpkin is not only delicious, but it is a great source of fiber, vitamin E, and iron.
Soooooooo you can feel extremely good about these cookies I made for you.
Plus, they are paleo, vegan, and sugar-free!
Have I ever disappointed you?
- 1 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 T. slightly melted coconut butter
- 2 T. unsweetened apple butter (I used a homemade version w/ no sugar, you could possibly use apple sauce)
- 3 T. pure canned pumpkin
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 packets of Truvia sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together until you get a crumbly cookie dough mixture.
- The mixture should tighten together when you press down on it using a spatula.
- Using a small cookie scoop, portion the dough out into small cookies, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms begin to turn golden brown and the cookies are slightly crispy.
- Let cool and devour!