Hi, my name is Chelsy and I’m addicted to breakfast foods.
If you know me, you know that this statement is without a doubt, truth.
My fave breakfast is from my favorite breakfast place near my childhood neighborhood.
My dad and I still go there often to eat breakfast on the weekends.
The last time I ate breakfast there was a Monday, a rough Monday, the Monday that my pup Annabelle past away.
My dad and I were sooooo distraught, so we took sick days from work and headed to Frank’s for the ultimate veggie omelets and a stack of mile high hash brown’s…I love my hash brown’s crisp to perfection.
It was the perfect comfort food.
My dad is on a 3-month work trip internationally and these next 3 months I am going to miss without a trip to Frank’s.
It’s not the same going without him.
I almost feel like I’m cheating him.
So, with my mom and I here, I have to create my own comfort breakfast food.
Y’all know I’m a huge fan of banana bread.
So is my dad.
My mom is as well.
It’s a win-win-win situation in our house.
Soooooo…I made a health-ified version of banana bread…
and called it breakfast.
Oh yes, I chocked that thing full of carrot and dried dates…
because you need something chewy, and slightly sweet for breakfast.
this stuff is like cake.
Like a breakfast carrot cake.
I love that I can cut right through it, one handed, with my fork.
That is just how tender it is.
Did I mention…
it’s vegan, gluten-free,
It just gets better & better 🙂
- 2 flax eggs (2 T. flaxseed meal + 6 T. warm water, mix let sit 10 minutes)
- 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ c. slightly melted coconut butter
- ½ c. cashew butter
- ½ c. granulated stevia
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ c. dried dates, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- melted coconut butter, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax egg, bananas, coconut butter, cashew butter, stevia, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth.
- Fold in the dried dates and grated carrots.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool. Cut into 9 squares and drizzle w/ melted coconut butter if preferred.