Happy Monday y’all!
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what is super super important to me.
All I can come up with is family.
Just when I think I can’t love them enough, they do something to make me love them even more 🙂
So, that’s my little sentimental thought for the day.
Let’s talk about how awesome this Monday is.
It’s Secret Recipe Club Monday…duh 🙂
My recipe this month comes from Margaret, the cook/baker behind the blog Tea and Scones.
Perfect name, right?
I can almost never have a scone without a warm cup of tea, especially if it’s a glazed vanilla bean scone.
Tea and scones also brought up memories of my grandmother’s house where the scones are hot, stuffed w/ juicy plump raisins, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, and topped with butter.
The conversation isn’t half bad either.
Margaret is a simple blogger, I love her style, she is straight forward, she loves scones, she loves to bake and eat, and she loves to share her recipes with all of us lovely people.
Obviously, I could have gone for a scone recipe, but I was craving something chocolate.
Enter Margaret’s recipe for Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Muffins .
I mean, since they have zucchini in them, they must be healthy, right?
Plus, the chocolate balances that zucchini out.
I want to have my cake and eat it too. 🙂
Plus, they are sneaky muffins with all that healthy zucchini in there.
These muffins are super melt in your mouth…if that makes sense.
Oh, and you know we do things paleo-style around here.
Yes, I made them paleo.
I’m sure you are just totally surprised 😉
Plus, I kept the chocolate chips.
So, obviously I get extra points for that, right?
Plus, you just can’t go wrong with a coconut butter drizzle.
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ c. coconut sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ c. coconut oil, melted
- ¼ c. + 2 T. full-fat coconut milk
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- ¼ c. mini chocolate chips, optional
- coconut butter, for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in the eggs, coconut oil, and coconut milk and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips, if using.
- Fill each muffin cup about ½ full and bake for 25-30 min, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, turn out of the pans, and drizzle with slightly melted coconut butter.