Y’all…I’m pretty sure I out did myself on this one.
I’m about to blow your mind.
My intention was to bring these goodies to work with me, but then I would have gotten hate mail for weeks.
As a personal trainer, it’s not necessarily okay to eat something chocolate in front of your clients.
Buuuuuut…you can always eat them in the break room 🙂
Plus, these are totally healthier-ish muffins for you.
I put veggies in em’.
Just pretend that those chocolate chips aren’t even there right now.
And since those chocolate chips don’t exist, then technically these muffins are calorie-free.
Plus, these are completely flour-less.
Annnnnnnd they have good for you ingredients(es) in them like
cashew & coconut butters + chia seeds!
I mean, chia seeds? These have got to be healthy!
Plus, you need those chocolate chips for good measure.
Just go with me on this one, okay?
Oh, and extra coconut butter is always a good idea.
- 1 small very ripe banana, mashed
- ½ c. slightly melted coconut butter
- ½ c. cashew butter (use more coconut butter if you want a nut-free muffin 🙂 )
- ½ c. granulated stevia
- ¼ c. unsweetened, vanilla, coconut milk
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ T. chia seeds
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ of a large zucchini, grated, about ½ c.
- ¼ c. vegan mini chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the banana, coconut butter, cashew butter, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, egg, chia seeds, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup ½ full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, remove from the pan and devour with a large glass of coconut milk.