Nothing bad ever happens when chocolate chips are involved.
Soooooo…nothing bad can happen when chocolate chips are involved on a Monday.
Because Monday isn’t the fan favorite round’ these here parts.
I dread waking up on Sunday because I know it’s the last day of freedom for me.
Monday is less than 24 hours away, ready to rear it’s ugly face.
Nobody likes you Monday.
Thank goodness we have cookies to help us get through it.
Chocolate chip cookies, to be more specific.
Lucky you, these just so happen to be the best paleo chocolate chip cookies out there.
They are what I like to call the perfectly balanced cookie…
chewy in the center,
slightly crispy outer edges,
& stuffed with chocolate chips.
Did I mention these babies are nut-free as well?
People with nut allergies can rejoice! 🙂
- ⅔ c. coconut butter, slightly melted
- 1¼ c. coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut butter, coconut sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt until a cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from one another.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies have spread a bit, and the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet. Sprinkle for sea salt if desired.
- Serve w/ a large glass of unsweetened, vanilla coconut milk.