What a weekend.
I love the 4th of July.
Sun and fun, family, grilling, meatballs/sauce & pasta (yes, us Italian American’s always celebrate any holiday with meatballs…true Merican’s), fireworks, & anything with the word pie or crisp in it.
It was pouring on Friday night, so I didn’t get to watch fireworks, however; I actually enjoyed the quiet, watching movies, and just hanging out.
I am feeling like I have a post-weekend food baby from all the food I ate.
I didn’t go overboard, I just felt that there was A TON of eating…good eating.
Let’s start new this week.
I always feel like I need to re-charge in the best way possible after a food filled weekend.
This usually involves making food for performance and energy reasons.
My job is physically demanding, so anything snack-able is always advised
We are making some raw snacks today.
Sweet banana + date + coconut butter + raw sunflower seed butter
+ raw protein powder + extra coconut butter on top…
it doesn’t get any more wholesome or healthier than that.
Plus, this recipe is super quick.
Raw Banana Bread Protein Bites for the win!
- For the base:
- 1 large, very ripe banana
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1.5 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 T. slightly melted coconut butter
- 1 T. raw sunflower seed butter
- 2 T. raw protein powder, optional
- For the topping:
- 2 T. slightly melted coconut butter
- For the base, place all of the ingredients into a large food processor and process on high until a huge ball begins to form. The mixture should be slightly sticky, but not so sticky that your fingers are coated with the mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a small square baking pan.
- Pour the topping mixture over the base mixture.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator for best results.