I wasn’t even sure what to call this stuff.
I’m totally out of my element.
I wanted pound cake, but I wanted crispy edges on my bread.
Can you tell I’m an “end-crust” type of person?
Oh, so totally.
Oh, and I will take my toast burnt, please, thank you. 🙂
So people…this is what you get when my mind goes wild.
It’s got a thick, cake-like center
with a super crispy exterior.
You know I glazed it with some extra melted coconut butter.
It’s a contradiction.
It’s glorious in the way it breaks all the rules.
But it’s totally okay to break the rules sometimes.
Did I mention this stuff is paleo?
You could totally break the rules even further and ya know…
make french toast with this bread/cake.
Then we’d be super fancy. 😉
- 1 c. of slightly melted coconut butter, plus more for drizzling
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut butter, eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely, transfer to a cutting board, glaze the bread with melted coconut butter and slice into thick cut slices.
- Enjoy w/ a large glass of coconut milk!