I’ve been pretty M.I.A. around these here parts lately.
That’s because this thing called life is happening.
Between work and school (oh, did I mention I am going back to school to become a Registered Dietician, because obviously I just wasn’t satisfied with those 4 years of college before 😉 ) and the new dog (more on that to come soon), I am running around like a crazy person.
But wait, I’m already crazy so…an ultra crazy person.
You will just have to bear with me here on this life train.
If I had it my way, I would love to be a full-time blogger with 100% of my income coming from doing what I love, talking about food to you lovely people.
Buuuuuuutt…this is reality and I can only do my best.
I’m sure y’all totally get it.
Of course I didn’t show up today without a recipe.
I mean, who do you think I am?
We all know that coconut butter is my jam.
So, I thought…why not make some and put it in my banana muffins.
That’s like 10x’s the coconut in your banana bread.
Not to mention these muffins are completely flour-less.
I’m pretty sure your mind just went blank.
Y’all…this is by far the best decision that I have made all year.
And if you know me…decisions are not my thing.
I’m that person who takes forever to pick out a nail polish color and choose where to go out to eat if the occasion arises.
Don’t even ask me about my future.
I’m pretty positive that I will explode…or crawl into the fetal position.
Oh, this muffin?
100% melt in your mouth.
- 1 c. homemade coconut butter (see my recipe archive) or store bought, slightly melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ c. granulated stevia, optional
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- extra coconut butter, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin cup pan w/ cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, top w/ slightly melted coconut butter if preferred.