Ahhhhhh. My entire low-back is in pain.
Let’s just say that a 6’3 chiropractor knows how to use a set of torture devices.
Damn car wreck.
On another note….I think wedding season is finally over for me.
Don’t get me wrong, I love me a good wedding, and Saturday’s wedding was top-notch, but after three weddings from April-now, I’m wedding worn-out.
My favorite part of any wedding is seeing my mom scarf a steak, salad, and plate loaded full of comfort carbs, down a glass of wine, and hit the dance floor.
Calories mean nothing.
I have training at work this week, and while my intention was to bake muffins for my co-workers and I…you know things don’t last long in my house.
Especially muffins with chocolate bacon and homemade cashew butter.
Yea, you read that correctly.
Yes, Bacon Chocolate Cashew Banana Muffins.
A little bit of sweet…
a little bit of salty.
I’d say that’s a pretty well balanced muffin.
Verdict: Everything is better with bacon.
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- ½ c. cashew butter, plus extra for topping
- 1 large egg
- 2 T. pure maple extract
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ t. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1 3 oz. dark chocolate bacon bar, chopped (I used Mo's)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the banana, cashew butter, egg, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and baking soda until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until slightly golden, or when a toothpick is inserted into the center of each muffin, it comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, top with extra slightly melted cashew butter.