That can only mean one thing.
Time for something sweet.
And maybe* some sort of alcoholic beverage.
Are you with me?
Yes, we need something chocolate.
An all chocolate cookie, preferably.
Your day is looking better already.
Plus, these are pretty much calorie-free.
Only because it’s Friday.
That one day of the week where calories are pretty much non-existent.
So bake some cookies, drink a glass of wine, and watch Netflix until you drop!
- 2 T. sunflower seed butter
- 3 T. slightly melted coconut butter
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (1 flax egg if vegan)
- 3 T. pure honey (maple syrup if vegan)
- 1¼ c. sunflower seed flour (i.e. raw sunflower seeds pulverized into a flour)
- ¼ c. coconut sugar
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sunflower seed butter, coconut butter, vanilla, egg, and honey until smooth.
- Stir in the sunflower seed flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion the dough out into small "mounds" onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly crisp looking.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan.