It’s that time again…Secret Recipe Club time.
Let me just say that I was truly ecstatic when I saw the email containing my secret blogger.
Ladies and Gentlemen…The Texan New Yorker.
Y’all…Julie is a native Texan (born and raised in Dallas) turned New Yorker.
I immediately felt the Texan connection with Julie.
I mean, seriously…her Short Rib Chili just screams “Y’all come back now, ya here.”
But really…this formerly picky eater does it all.
Just take a look at her recipe index.
While I could of easily chosen one of her Texas recipes, I have been craving zucchini like no other.
And because it’s in season…
Zucchini Snack Cake was on the menu.
I mean, of course you didn’t expect me to make soup or anything…right?
Sure ya did.
Because we all know that I’d choose cake any day.
Plus, when there is a chance of cream cheese icing atop a warm, fluffy, slice of cake packed w/ zucchini
you know I am all in.
Plus, plus, I’m pretty sure there is veggies in this cake…
- ¼ c. + 2 T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ c. coconut sugar
- ¼ c. slightly melted coconut butter
- ¼ c. + 2 T. warmed coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 in. square cake pan w/ cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in the eggs, coconut sugar, coconut butter, and coconut milk until a batter forms.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool.
- Frost with a mixture of 8 oz. softened cream cheese + ¼ c. pure maple syrup, + ½ t. pure vanilla extract.
- Cut into squares and serve.