I know your weekend was pretty fab right?
You probably went shopping, got your nails did, had a massage, and ate an entire pint of Blue Bell Ice Cream by yourself.
Maybe you did some yard work and had coffee at your fave cafe on Sunday.
I nursed a sore back muscle and watched a couple of episodes of Gossip Girl on Netflix.
It was blissful.
Have you ever pulled a back muscle?
What was it like?
How long did it take to recover?
Mine is my upper right back and it’s killing me!
I’m using icy hot patches and a heating pad…we will see how this goes.
In true Chelsy freak out fashion, Saturday night I found a little bruise on my upper neck and called my mom to come identify.
Oh, and between that I totally got onto webmd and discovered that I either had cancer or was already dead.
Note to self: Web Md is not useful when you are having an anxiety attack and contemplating the worst.
My parents calmed me down and I made some muffins.
To stress eat.
Its all about the crumb topping, people.
Plus, it’s atop a banana muffin.
that is cray.
Double the comfort.
- For the muffins:
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- ½ c. granulated stevia (or coconut sugar)
- ¼ c. light coconut milk
- ¼ c. melted coconut butter
- ¾ c. egg whites, at room temperature, or 4 large eggs
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- For the crumb topping:
- ½ c. walnut flour (raw walnuts pulsed into a grain like flour)
- ¼ c. chopped, raw walnuts
- ¼ c. coconut sugar
- 2 T. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 T. coconut butter
- For the muffins, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan w/ paper liners and grease the liners w/ cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, stevia, coconut milk, coconut butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour and baking soda until smooth.
- Drop the batter into each muffin cup, filling about ½ way full.
- For the crumble topping, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, mixing until a sticky, crumbly topping forms.
- Sprinkle the topping on each of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and devour.