I have a job.
How do I know this?
I have shin splints after a week and a half of work.
Yes, shin splints.
This occurs when I am on my feet 24/7/365…on occasion.
No, I’m not complaining.
I actually LOVE my new job and I just take this as a sign.
I sign that I’m a bad-ass at my job…haha!
There is this thing on Friday.
You know, that day where you are supposed to send flowers to your significant other, a box of chocolates to your b.f.f., and a cookie bouquet to your mom.
As you may have heard…I am sans boy frannnnnnd currently, unless you want to give me Juan Pablo’s number…you can find me on the couch, feet up, in my p.j.’s watching a series of sappy love story movies.
Yep, this is my life.
You know you want to be on my level.
Whatever you do…involve chocolate in the mix.
Specifically, this bread.
Y’all….this bread is INTENSE!
I’M WRITING IN ALL CAPS FOR THIS REASON!
It’s super-duper melt in your mouth with a wow-za chocolate flavor that will blow your mind!
Plus, it’s covered in an amazing chocolate glaze.
This stuff screams Valentine’s Day.
I mean serrrrrrrriously?
Would I present you with anything less than delicious?
Did I mention this bread is stuffed w/ mini chocolate chips?
Ya…that pretty much guarantees chocolate in every bite.
That’s really all you need.
Excuse me…I’m off to fatten up my co-workers 😉
- For the bread:
- 1 c. almond butter
- 2 T. unsweetened, cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs (or 2 flax eggs if vegan)
- 3 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. pure vanilla extract
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- ½ t. baking soda
- ⅛ t. salt
- ½ c. vegan mini chocolate chips
- For the glaze:
- 2 T. vegan mini chocolate chips, melted
- 1 T. almond butter
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 T. coconut milk
- For the bread, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 in. loaf pan w/ cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, cocoa, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread and slice.