I love, love, love watching celebrity awards shows.
But only for the red carpet.
Because that’s the most important part, right?
I could care less who wins these things.
For me, it’s all about the glitz and the glam.
If I had that kind of money.
Well, honestly, it’d probably be vintage…but ya know what I mean.
If I were famous, I’d wanna sleep on the red carpet.
I wonder what they eat at the Golden Globes.
I can only imagine who caters it!
Maybe me one day…hah!
I also like to snack on things while I watch these awards shows.
Then I like to wonder what these women do to fit into these dresses.
Do they eat granola?
I’m pretty sure I’d be the Jennifer Lawrence type actress who tells their manager, posse, tabloids, and paparazzi to “blank” off when they comment on her weight.
Nobody in their right mind would tell me to step away from the barbecue in exchange for a green juice with…god knows what in it.
Don’t misunderstand me, I love me some healthy eating, but “fasting” is not in my dictionary. Not happening.
And that my friends is why I am not an actress.
Oh, and believe me I can act.
My middle name was drama when I was little…my parents definitely said that I could put on a show…once or twice.
So here I sit, with my crunchy bowl of coconut quinoa granola watching women who have been on a “cleanse” for three weeks and to that I say…
hand me another bowl 😉
- 1½ c. uncooked quinoa
- ½ c. unsweetened, coconut flakes
- ½ c. sliced, salted almonds
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. salt
- 3 T. pure maple syrup
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ c. dried goji berries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, coconut, almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in the maple syrup and evoo and combine until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola out evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden, flipping the granola at the halfway mark during baking.
- Once the granola is finished baking, add in the goji berries and let the granola sit until completely cooled.