There is this thing happening on Sunday.
I’m sure you’ve all heard of it.
It’s called Super Bowl.
Ya know, that one day per year where good looking guys in skin-tight polyester-type pants run around on green turf and drop kick one another while trying to catch a pigskin.
Yep, that’s American football for ya.
My Dallas Cowboys didn’t make it this year, but I’ll still be watching 🙂
Super Bowl is really about the food.
You know it is.
Especially snack-able foods.
You will find me at the dip and chip table or the dessert table.
That’s where I post up.
Let’s make some mini muffins.
Everyone loves a good mini muffin.
Especially one w/ peanut butter.
You already know that peanut butter and I are b.f.f.’s.
Uh, these are the death of me.
They have a slightly crispy top w/ a gooey peanut butter center.
These are the perfect snack food.
They get even better when I top them with a peanut butter glaze.
Did I mention these are flour-less, gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free?
Don’t tell you’re friends!
Hmmmm…watcha think about that, Super Bowl?!
- For the muffins:
- 1 T. golden flaxseed meal + 3 T. water, mix and let sit 5 minutes until thick
- ½ c. smooth peanut butter (don't use natural or homemade, recc JIF)
- ½ c. unsweetened, apple butter (you could probably use apple sauce too)
- 3 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. pure Mexican vanilla extract
- ¼ t. baking soda
- For the peanut butter glaze:
- ¼ c. smooth peanut butter
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. unsweetened, coconut milk (from a carton, not a can)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a mini muffin pan w/ non-stick muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the muffin ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into each muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before turning them out of the silicone liners.
- For the glaze, whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over each of the cooled muffins.
- Enjoy a couple w/ a large glass of milk.