This is a fresh new week.
I decided to start my week on Tuesday instead of Monday.
Only because last Monday was the worst Monday of my entire life.
Today, we hate Monday.
Tuesday is the new Monday, only without all those consequences.
I kinda, sorta, maybe got this new job a month ago.
It involves me, covered from head to toe in flour, baking cookies, cakes, etc. etc. with a fancy boss lady.
She’s super nice.
I mean, did y’all know I like to bake?
Is it that obvious?
Tis’ the season fo’ gingerbread.
- 1 flax egg (1 T. ground golden flaxseed meal + 3 T. water, mix and let sit for 5 minutes)
- ¼ + 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 2 T. pure molasses
- ¼ c. melted coconut oil
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- 1½ t. ground ginger
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 in. square baking pan w/ cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients until combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour, spices, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Top with a mixture of melted coconut butter, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup.