I warned you. :)

It’s Friday.

Let’s chat.

More specifically, let’s chat over a glass of wine.

Or maybe some Kahlua in our coffee.

Word.

I am obsessed with my keurig.

It’s so American of me.

So non-Italian of me.

I just pretend like its espresso.

The only thing I really drink is espresso and “coffee”, which to me is an americano (see espresso + water).

So non-barista of me too.

Although, I do barista it up in the morning with my coffee, a little steamed almond milk, a dash of coconut creamer, 1/2 a bottle   pump of sugar-free vanilla syrup, and oh yea…the coffee. 🙂

What can I say, I must have my one coffee in the morning and I am good to go.

How did I get off on this tangent?

On another note, I’ve managed to organize all of the pictures on my desktop into a folder.

It would have probably driven you nuts to see scattered photos all over the back drop of my computer screen.

Somewhere my seester is applauding my organizational skills.

It’s more of a visual thing for me, having those pictures scattered everywhere was a reassurance that they were still there.

Get with it Chels, it’s 2013…we organize.

Let’s breakfast.

Pancakes are my lover.

I told you to brace yourself for the pumpkin overload.

IMG_2832

Now, if ya follow me on Instagram I have been posting these a lot lately with the caption that I was going to blog about the recipe when it was a little cooler.

IMG_2840

We will just consider 90 degrees F a little cooler.

At least for Texas.

IMG_2842

No, we want pumpkin pancakes now.

IMG_2844

Preferably sprinkled w/ a bit of cinnamon sugar.

IMG_2845

Mhmmmm.

IMG_2846

We want pumpkin pancakes that are paleo, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and…

IMG_2847

made with 5 ingredient(ses)!

IMG_2848

Oh yea, only 1 bowl for the mixing required.

IMG_2854

Yea…

IMG_2860

you love me. 😉

5 Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes
Author:
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: American
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 20

Fluffy, melt in your mouth pumpkin pancakes w/ five whole ingredients! Plus, they are gluten-free, paleo, & refined sugar-free!
Ingredients
  • 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
  • 1 c. liquid egg whites
  • ½ c. granulated stevia
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
  • ½ t. baking powder
  • cinnamon sugar, for topping, optional (1 t. ground cinnamon + 1 t. stevia or coconut sugar)
Instructions
  1. Heat a large non-stick skilled over medium-low to medium heat.
  2. Grease the skillet with cooking spray.
  3. Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
  4. Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons onto the skillet.
  5. Watch for bubbles to form on the surface of the pancake, flip after about 2-3 minutes and let cook an additional 2-4 minutes on the other side, or until slightly golden.
  6. Serve topped with a good sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and/or drizzle of maple syrup.

Nutritional Facts (per pancakes (1/20th of recipe): Calories: 14, Total Fat: .1g, Sodium: 33mg, Potassium: 62mg, Total Carb: 1.8g, Sugars: 1.7g, Protein: 1.6g

That’s 272 calories for the entire recipe & 33 grams of protein!

MANGIA!!!

Comments

1. zosia says:

can you use whole eggs?
    if yes, how many?

if not, how many egg whites are in one cup of liquid egg whites?

• Chelsy says:

Zosia, I use liquid egg whites in a carton. It varied which brand you buy. I would replace w/ 4 whole eggs. 4 eggs on my carton are eqaul to 1 c. liquid egg whites, some brands say that 3/4 c. liquid egg whites are equivalent to 4 eggs. Hope this helps. 🙂

2. Brigi says:

Hi, it looks amazing on the pictures! I have tried to make them this morning and very disappointed. I have used all ingredients recommended, and kept sticking to the bottom of the skillet if i waited for the bubbles on the top side. Burned almost all of them. If I have lowered the temperature did not cook. What is your secret?
    Thanks .

• Chelsy says:

Pezerella, did you make sure to grease the pan as well. I used a non-stick skillet but still had to grease the pan. Also, make sure you don’t have the temp too high, i used about a 4 on my stove, medium-low, it will take a bit longer to cook them, but patience is key…don’t try to flip too early, they will not come out. They came out perfect for me 🙂 Those are all my recommendations hope it helps!

3. I loved this recipe. I featured it on my Friday Five – Pumpkin addition over @ Feed Your Soul Too – http://www.feedyoursoul2.com/2013/09/friday-five-pumpkin-addition.html

• Chelsy says:

Thanks Peter! I am so flattered! Your blog is awesome btw…will be visiting often 🙂

4. Jacqueline says:

Hi Chelsy, your recipe looks and sounds delicious, I would use whole eggs, but I don’t use stevia, what would the equivalent for white sugar be? Thanks, Jacquie

• Chelsy says:

Jacqueline, it would be equal amounts, just replace regular sugar for the same amount of stevia used and you should be golden! 🙂

• Chelsy says:

However, if you don’t like things super sweet, you could also reduce the sugar to about 1/4 c. 🙂

5. I would use real whole eggs & organic cane sugar AND maple syrup for breakfast. Maybe roll up with some cream cheese & sprinkle with cinnamon sugar for a dessert.

6. Chelsy says:

Emily, I am not sure what went wrong. I make these every week and they come out perfect! Let me review a little more and see what the problem could be.