Cookie stuff today, but first, the winner of The New York Naturals Giveaway is
Bombay Ranch sounds like it would be bomb[ay] (aka. delicious) so that’s the one I’d most love to try!
Congrats Gaby! I will email you with the deets 🙂
You all know that I have an obsession w/ coconut.
It’s no secret.
I’m coconut crazy.
Coconut butter is absolutely no exception.
It’s my ultimate fave lately.
I have been using it in on dressings for my kale salads, smearing it on fresh strawberries, mixing it with my peanut butter…
it’s getting a little crazy.
There is nothing that coconut butter can’t improve.
Let’s put it into a cookie and see what happens.
These cookies are super “buttery” but made without any butter.
It’s all about the buttery goodness of the coconut butter.
Then I stuffed em’ w/ coconut and topped with dark chocolate chips.
Because, ya know, I’m so unpredictable. 😉
- ¾ c. coconut butter (check my recipe index for a homemade version)
- ¼ c. all-natural, no-stir almond butter (I used crunchy, but smooth works just fine)
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (for vegan version 1 flax egg= 1 T. flaxseed meal + 2 T. water, mix let sit for five minutes)
- 1 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- dark chocolate chips (I used 70% cacao), as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut butter, almond butter, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, and egg/flax egg until everything is incorporated & a large ball of dough begins to form.
- Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Slightly press 2-3 dark chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the sheet so that they can crisp up.
Nutritional Facts (per cookie, 1/21 of recipe): Calories: 112, Total Fat: 10.6g, Sodium: 67.9mg, Potassium: 38.8mg, Total Carb: 8g, Dietary Fiber: 2.3g, Sugars: 2.3g, Protein: 1.5g