Yesterday was not a good day.
Well, for my tummy, that is.
Long story short, cramps, water, midol, fro-yo, heating pad and reality t.v.
Not so much fun.
Men have it so easy.
Oh, and I want to eat all of the sweets in the world.
On Sunday, after baking up my fourth batch of cookies I looked at my dad and exclaimed that we did indeed have a cookie issue/situation.
It’s getting out of control.
On top of making cookies, my dad and I took a short trip to the mall on Friday where obviously we just had to purchase a 15 cookie box of our faves from The Great American Cookie Company.
There are two cookies left.
But don’t worry, we still haven’t finished off the batch of biscoff oatmeal cookies I made on Sunday.
Que sera sera…
it’s cookie time.
That’s like hammer time…
only TEN TIMES better.
These cookies are brought to you by my obsession with nut butter and jam.
Why not make a cookie out of it.
Yes, I put jam inside your cookie
and on top of it.
These cookies are seriously…the jam…no pun intended.
Crispy edges, chewy center, all almond butter + sweet strawberry jam flavor.
Almost as good as the N’sync jam from Sunday nights VMA’s.
- 1 c. unsalted, no-stir, all-natural almond butter
- 1 flax egg (1 T. ground flaxseed meal + 2 T. water, mix, let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ c. of organic strawberry jam, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all of the ingredients except the strawberry jam inside a large mixing bowl and mix until evenly incorporated and a large ball of dough is formed.
- Fold in 2 T. of the strawberry jam.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the baking sheet.
- Use the tines of a fork to gently press the top of each cookie dough ball flat onto the baking sheet.
- Drop about ¼ to ½ teaspoon of strawberry jam onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool completely so they can crisp up once removing from the oven.
- Devour w/ a big glass of almond milk. 🙂
Nutritional Facts (per cookie 1/24th of recipe): Calories: 80, Total Fat: 6g, Sodium: 2.0g, Potassium: 79g, Total Carb: 6g, Dietary Fiber: 1.1g, Sugars 4.0g, Protein: 1.6g