Chances are you have a super big meeting with a “big guy” from your company, who ironically isn’t a big guy at all, but a 4’2 man in his late 50′s who has an ego the size of Jupiter and speaks 5 different languages, all of which you can’t understand.
Buttttt…you don’t care.
Your mind is fixiated on Friday’s after-work special…Margaritas, Tex-Mex, and Bravo re-runs of Real Housewives of anything.
Orrrrr maybe you skipped Friday’s shenanigans and drifted off into Saturday morning.
Which involves pancakes.
Only good things begin with cinnamon.
Then we add some fairy dust
a.k.a. coconut sugar.
These are magical pancakes.
You knew that coconut was coming, right?
You should know me by now
My life is nothing without coconut.
Please tell me you understand.
Okay, good…I was afraid I was going to have to check you off my bff list.
Y’all…you must get up close and personal with these pancakes.
They are super light and fluffy, swirled w/ cinnamon and a touch of coconut sugar.
Stacks on stacks on stacks of fluffy goodness.
Plus, there is toasted coconut involved.
That should be reason enough.
Dear Saturday, please come soon.
- ½ c. coconut flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. pure Mexican vanilla extract
- 1 c. unsweetened, coconut milk (not from a can, from a carton)
- 1 c. liquid egg whites (or 4 eggs)
- 3 t. granulated coconut sugar
- ¼ c. unsweetened, flaky coconut, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the coconut evenly over the baking sheet. Toast for 2 minutes, stir, then toast for another 2 minutes until lightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grease with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the vanilla, coconut milk, egg whites, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for about 1 minute to thicken.
- Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons into the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a plate to cool and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with toasted coconut and extra coconut sugar.
Nutritional Facts (1/13th of recipe, per pancake): Calories: 53, Total Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 186.6mg, Potassium: 35.1mg, Total Carb: 5.6g, Dietary Fiber: 3.5g, Sugars: 1.7g, Protein: 3.8g