At the moment I am somewhere up in the air, possibly looking like a hot mess for an 8 a.m. flight w/ seester to California.
It’s work business.
But there’s also some vacation time.
I’m a big preparer.
I loooooove to plan ahead.
If I don’t…I most likely will have an anxiety attack.
When your extended family is full of procrastinators who basically wait until the week of a dang wedding to send out invitations, you can bet there are some arguments.
Okay, there have been some full blown knock down drag-outs.
Especially between me and my cousins.
I mean, is it too much to pick up the phone, call me, and say “hey, we are meeting for dinner at 7…be there.”
But noooooooo, they’d rather call me 30 minutes before and tell me to meet them in 15 minutes at the restaurant that is about 45 minutes aways from my house.
Did I mention I’m a planner?
You can bet I planned for this trip.
Well, snack wise.
With my little celiac seester in tow…
nourishment is top priority.
We are going to be on the go 100% so I thought it’d be nice to have some snacks to devour along the way.
I’m the queen of snacks.
Oh, oh…and bite-sized things. 🙂
Oh, oh, oh, and banana-coconut smash bang combos.
These are all of that good stuff.
Leeeeeetle bite-sized pieces of coconut banana bread.
What…you think I was going to try to hustle a 10 pound brick sized loaf of banana bread through airport security?
Psh…ya, you aren’t getting my banana bread Mr. TSA.
Don’t even try to tell me you are on a paleo diet.
- 2 small, ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 T. melted coconut oil
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. all-natural, unsalted almond butter
- 2 T. flaxseed meal
- 1 T. coconut flour
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 T. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients until a dough begins to form.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Top w/ extra almond butter or nut butter for a quick snack!
Nutritional Facts (per bite 1/13th of recipe): Total Calories: 63.8, Total Fat: 3.7g (Saturated Fat: 1.5g), Potassium: 72.6mg, Total Carb: 7.5g, Dietary Fiber: 1.5g, Sugars: 4.0g, Protein: 0.9g