Yesterday, I spent the entire morning at the vet’s office.
Annabelle was due for her yearly shots and some other much needed business we needed to take care of.
Let’s just say that there were 15 dogs and 1 cat at the vet and basically…I broke out in hives.
ALLERGIC REACTION to the max, yo!
Benadryl during the day is totally not fun, either.
It makes you drowsy…even if it’s the non-drowsy stuff.
What kind of marketing is that, pharmaceutical people?
Not my kind, that’s for sure.
All I wanted was to lay in bed and eat something sweet.
Thank goodness I had a jar of homemade almond butter in the cupboard.
Did I just say cupboard?
I totally meant pantry err….um…….
When I lived in Cali, I discovered that Californians call speed bumps, “undulations.”
I mean, seriously…it’s a bump…in the road….that stops you from speeding.
It’s a speed bump, people.
Chewy, chocolate-y, coco-nutty, almond butter bars
Just do it.
- 1 c. all-natural, unsalted, roasted almond butter
- 1 flax egg (1 T. flaxseed meal + 3 T. of water, mix and let sit for 3 minutes)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- ¼ c. raw coconut sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ c. unsalted, raw, chopped pecans
- ½ c. vegan chocolate chips
- ½ c. unsweetened, flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 in. square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, flax egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the coconut flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda.
- Fold in the pecans, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean, the edges will be slightly golden.
- Let cool slightly, cut into even sized squares, serve with a large glass of almond milk.
Nutritional Facts: Total Calories: 255, Total Fat: 5.4g, Total Carb: 16.5g, Dietary Fiber: 5.7g, Sugars: 7.8g, Protein: 4.1g